Welcome to Panhandle Pointers!

We are no longer whelping puppies. Thank you to everyone who supported us and joined the Panhandle Pointer family.

We care about breeding quality GSP’s that are trainable and can do anything from cuddling with babies to sweeping the field for birds. We like to dabble in all areas with our dogs from agility to hunting to playing with the kids at the park. When we feel like trying out something new we have a breed of dog that will go in guns a’blazing. 90% of that “go-get-‘um” attitude comes from consistent training, but the other 10% is due to God-given personality. Our goal is to breed dogs that uphold the German Shorthaired Pointer’s reputation of versatility. And most of all, we want to breed dogs that a family can mold into exactly what they want. Whether you’re a family of 1 or a family of 10, the GSP could be the breed of dog for you.

Why do we have GSP’s in our home?

Each breed of dog is special in its own right and for our family, the german shorthaired pointer has the temperament, athleticism and down-right good looks that we enjoy in a dog. We get a lot of enjoyment out of placing them in new situations and watching them excel. And in addition to being amazing outdoor sport companions, GSP’s are indoor-friendly. It seems like we can’t walk into our living room without seeing a kid rolling around with their canine buddy. (And the short coat with minimal shedding keeps mama happy)

Finally, we want to hear from you! Please contact us if you have any questions…because we love questions. We’d love to get to know you as you decide whether or not the german shorthaired pointer is a breed of dog that will fit well into your lifestyle.